Please select person.
You can take in some of the most iconic sights of Istanbul in this morning tour that commences with a visit to the Blue Mosque. This magnificent mosque which was designed by Sinan and completed in 1616 is known for its majesty and superb iznik ceramic tiling.
Continue outside to stroll along the Hippodrome. This vast public space was built by the Romans in the 3rd and 4th centuries AD to accommodate events such as chariot races and gladiator fights. It is also home to the Column of Constantine, an Egyptian obelisk and the Serpentine Column.
Next to the Hippodrome we will visit the Hagia Sophia. Originally built in 537AD as a Greek Orthodox church, this breath-taking building was converted to a mosque by the Ottomans and is now a museum. Inside there are two floors built around a central nave. It is adorned with superb decorations and has an enormous dome that soars overhead.
Finish the morning with a walk through the Grand Bazaar for some shopping or just to absorb the sights, sounds and historic architectural beauty of this bustling market.
Come on a tour to the famous Topkapi Palace and skip the queues that flock to see this magnificent and historically significant site. Built in the middle of the 15th century, the walled complex comprised of the palace and its buildings dominate a small raised peninsula. The buildings are nestled within beautiful grounds that sweep down to the sea. For centuries, the palace was the political centre of the highly influential Ottoman Empire and although it is now purely a museum, as you visit its parts including courtyards, the Treasury, various pavilions, the holy relics, weapons and the Harem you will see how great it was.
A lesser known part of the Hagia Sofia complex is the adjacent structure that houses the Sultan Tombs where five 16th and 17th century Ottoman sultans are interred. Alongside each sultan’s sarcophagus are many others that hold their wives, children and other notables. The tombs are all beautifully designed and feature beautiful examples of tile work, mosaics, calligraphy and kundekari (a decorative form of carpentry consisting of interlocking pieces of wood and mother of pearl).
Blue Line: Driving Route
Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace, Sultans Tombs
General Information & Conditions
* Phone call needed for last minute reservations
* We kindly request our guest to be ready 15 minutes prior to departure time. Guests need to arrive promptly at the meeting points given by Tourkeystay, or the tour will proceed without them
* 30 % discount applies for children aged 2-7. Children under 2 tour free of charge
* Tours will only be refunded if cancelled more than 24 hours prior to commencement
* Effective sales rates of the Turkish Central Bank are valid for payments
* Tourkeystay is not responsible for any loss or theft of belongings during the tour
* Due to traffic conditions beyond our control, pick up may be delayed
* Museums entry fees, parking and road tolls
* Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
* Transportation in A/C non-smoking car or bus with professional English speaking guide
* Small group tour
* VAT is included in the rates
* Suggested optional activities
* Tips of driver and guide
* Items as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks
* Personal expenses
* Any other expenses which are not mentioned at the included section
* Pick up by 08:30, drop off by 17:00
* Hagia Sophia is replaced with Basilica Cistern on Mondays.
* Visited locations: Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace
* Pick up locations: Sultanahmet, Gulhane, Sirkeci, Laleli, Aksaray, Karakoy, Tophane, Taksim, Beyoglu, Beyazit, Kumkapi